Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday, 24 November 2012 - 134.4 lbs

The Russians by Tara Marynowski, 2006

Down 3 lbs! Yay fasting! Not as much as the 4 lbs I lost from 5-6 Nov (and then without the benefit of fasting, even), but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, I decided to end my fast with a workout, so I had a go on my back, biceps, and forearms. Then had

protein shake

bowlful of chicken curry

cup of toffee gingerbread flavored coffee with full fat cream and 2 packs of Sweet & Low (I usually avoid sweeteners, but I always try my first cup of new coffee flavors the way God intended.)

Then I got bored and was feeling energetic so I decided to go to the gym again and did a little ab work, then a little treadmill and stair master (I did 20 flights).

Haha. I honestly did 20 flights just so I could post this. 
Dear God I am a loser. A LOSER!!!

Then I came home and had another bowl of chicken curry.

And that was it. Surprisingly, after fasting all day yesterday, these couple meals along with the protein and the coffee totally filled me up.

So I came across a really well-written article on the Men's Health website, and I thought it was worth passing along, especially since the belief is so widespread that a diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol just has to be bad for your heart. Check it:

Saturated Fat: What If Bad Fat Is Actually Good For You?

I know that half of you who click on that link will close it once you see the length of the article and the absence of pictures (and the other half won't click it at all), but since I believe the article does a good job at dispelling a lot of myths and is well worth the read, I'll attempt to boil it down to its essence over the next several posts. For now, I'll just leave you with the article's sub-subtitle -- see if it gets your mojo rising: "For decades, Americans have been told that saturated fat clogs arteries and causes heart disease. But there's just one problem: No one's ever proved it." Oooh! Doesn't that sound fascinating? Guess we'll have to click on the link to find out where they're going with this!!!

Or just take the slacker's route and wait till tomorrow. Slacker.
For decades, Americans have been told that saturated fat clogs arteries and causes heart disease. But there's just one problem: No one's ever proved it

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/health/saturated-fat?fullpage=true#ixzz2D6vb5qn2
For decades, Americans have been told that saturated fat clogs arteries and causes heart disease. But there's just one problem: No one's ever proved it

Read more at Men's Health: http://www.menshealth.com/health/saturated-fat?fullpage=true#ixzz2D6vb5qn2

No comments:

Post a Comment