Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday, 16 November 2012 - 132.6 lbs


I'd like to take a moment to thank my filthy and horrible master Satan for making this moment possible: 132.6 LBS!!! Woohoo! This is officially my new lowest weight since June-ish of '06! feelsgoodman.jpg

Here's what I shoved in my mouth hole today:

chocolate flavored coffee with full fat cream and coconut oil

2 eggs with a splash of full fat cream scrambled in bacon grease, topped with full fat sour cream and salsa

2 slices of bacon

baked chicken thigh

bowlful of baby spinach with dressing made of full fat sour cream and ranch mix

handful of mixed nuts

worked out back, biceps, forearms

Since the HFLC way of eating (that's High-Fat-Low-Carb for you Texans) goes against conventional wisdom and that government food pyramid thing and is counter-intuitive in a whole lot of other ways, I thought I'd start sharing links periodically to hopefully give an idea of the research and reasoning that sold me on giving HFLC a day in court. Here's an interesting article that appeared in the New York Times, written by Gary Taubes (the science writer who authored the bestselling books Good Calories, Bad Calories and Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It) called, "What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie?" He examines the roles of dietary fat, carbohydrates, and insulin in weight gain, and what we have come to believe about them (often in the face of little, or even contradicting, evidence).

No comments:

Post a Comment