Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday, 04 December 2012 - 135.8 lbs

Adoration of the Magi by Andrea Mantegna, c.1495-1505


Up 4.8 lbs from yesterday. Marvelous.

I can't really blame it all on Singh's cooking though. Last night I developed a bit of an "in for a penny, in for a pound" attitude and helped myself to generous servings of gingerbread cookies, buttered popcorn, and ice cream with chocolate syrup.

Fasting today. Might have a bit of plain coffee on watch tonight, but other than that, just water and vitamins. Just weighed myself a bit ago and I'm already back down to 133, so yay for that.

Anyway, I picked up a copy of The Yeats Reader from the library a couple days ago to read in the bathroom (because, honestly, I can only make attempts at appreciating poetry in short bursts -- I just don't really like it, I've come to find out), but anyway, yeah, I found a winner: 
A Drinking Song
by William Butler Yeats, c.1910

Wine comes in at the mouth
And love comes in at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh.
But if poetry ain't your bag, here's "Cheater's Town" by Chris Isaak, probably my all-time favorite by him right now. And if Chris Isaak ain't your bag, I'm blocking you from reading my blog because you're a Nazi child molester (that is to say you are a Nazi and molest children -- not that you limit your molestation to Nazi children).

Why the idiot uploader selected a picture of Wicked Game I can't say. 
Other than they're an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment