Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday, 06 December 2012 - 129.2 lbs

Adoration of the Child by Correggio, c.1526

Down a pound from yesterday and at a new post-boot camp low. Marvelous.

Today I had:

cup of gingerbread cookie flavored coffee with full fat cream, coconut oil, and cocoa

2 eggs with full fat cream and diced tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and green bell peppers, cooked in bacon grease with full fat sour cream and salt and pepper

2 slices of bacon

protein drank (after working chest, shoulders, tri's, little bitta abs)

bread n' butter pickle spear (sugar free)

monster salad (romaine, tomato, avocado, turkey breast, bacon, full fat sour cream ranch dressing)

My Roy Orbison kick coincidentally happened to occur at the anniversary of his death. He died 24 years ago today. Since I posted my favorite Roy song yesterday, I think today, in tribute, I'll post my favorite cover of my favorite Roy song. David Lynch's amazacrazy 2001 film Mulholland Drive was my first exposure to Rebekah Del Rio, wherein she sang the haunting and beautiful "Llorando," an a cappella rendering of "Crying" en español. Here is her scene from the film (with some handy Turkish(?) subtitles in case you don't habla the español):

No comments:

Post a Comment